IWM’s Chemical Products
29 Oct 2021 00:03
Our chemical products are the foundation of our water treatment programmes which keep your industrial plant and equipment free from scale deposits, corrosion and bacteria, thereby reducing downtime and maximising lifespan.
Since our foundation in 1974, we have been manufacturing our own chemical products onsite at our own premises for Cooling Towers, Steam Boilers and Closed Circuits. Industrial Water Management Ltd is a member of the LCA (Legionella Control Association).
This means that you are assured of a steady supply of chemicals to support your water treatment programmes. As we are the only water treatment company to manufacture our own chemicals we are unaffected by the supply chain issues caused by Brexit.
For boilers we provide a range of oxygen scavengers, phosphate, polymers and amines. For cooling towers we provide inhibitors and biocides and for closed systems we provide corrosion inhibitors and biocides. We deliver these chemicals straight to the storage tank so that you and your staff do not have to handle the chemicals.
Steam Boiler Chemicals
Our water treatment programmes for steam boilers keep internal heat transfer surfaces clean and prolong the boiler’s lifespan. Here are some of the chemicals we use:
- Oxygen Scavengers: We supply a full range of organic and inorganic products which eliminate pitting and corrosion on the internal components of the boiler.
- Phosphate: This is dosed to complex with residual hardness passing through an ion exchange unit to generate a sludge, instead of scale.
- Polymers: These keep any sludge generated mobile so that it exits through the boiler blowdown.
- Amines: These are used protect the steam distribution pipework. Unlike other boiler water chemicals they are designed to be volatile and flash off with the steam.
We also supply combi-chemicals where application lends itself to blends of two or more types of chemical in a single pack.
Cooling Tower and Evaporative Condenser Chemicals
Our water treatment programmes for cooling towers are designed to keep internal surfaces free from calcium deposits – scale – and control microbiological activity to minimise risk of a bacterial infection such as legionnaire’s disease.
- Inhibitors: These are added to the water in proportion to evaporation rates. They are designed to complex with the calcium ions in the feed water, so they do not adhere to hot surfaces or heat exchangers in the form of scale.
- Biocides: We supply a full range of non-oxidising and oxidising biocides for the control of microbiological activity. All of our biocides are registered on the biocidal register and hold the appropriate PCS number. They are classified according to the CLP Regulation (EC) 1272/2008.
Closed System Chemicals
Our water treatment programmes for closed systems keep heat transfer surfaces free from corrosion and deposition.
- Corrosion Inhibitors: We supply a range of corrosion inhibitors – these can be either molybdate or nitrate-based chemicals depending on the metallic composition of the system being treated.
- Biocides: We also supply biocides for chill circuits to control bacteria, keeping internal surfaces clean of organic deposits.
- Glycol: We supply a range of mono-ethylene glycol and propylene glycol to our customers. We also provide a monitoring service to ensure that the correct concentrations are applied.
Dosing and Control Equipment
The control of chemical additives to the system being treated is central to all water treatment programmes. We carry a complete range of dosing pumps, chemical storage tanks and bunded tanks – 50 litre to 1,000 litre. We can also design bespoke dosing systems.